Your website must make it immediately clear what your company does and who it serves
Take a fresh look at your company’s website. Does it make it immediately clear what your company does and who it serves?
Does it clearly spell out:
- The products or services your company sells?
- The most common applications for your products or services?
- The types of businesses or institutions you serve? Business? Education? Government?
- The size of organizations your company serves? Large? Medium? Small?
- The geographies you serve? Local areas? States? Countries? Regions of the world?
And don’t fall into this trap: No matter how hard you try, you can’t have the perspective of an outsider. Come up with a few objectives for your ideal website visitor, have some real outsiders try to accomplish them, and watch and listen to what they are going through. It can be quite revealing, and the insight can be helpful to getting the results you want.